Where do I get a credit report?
I'm applying for an apartment and you ask me for a credit report, how can I get it?
One of the things we look at every application is a credit score.
All persons aged 18 and over with registered legal domicile in Iceland and no active registration in the default register will receive a calculated and published credit rating. A grade is given on a scale of A1 to E3, where A1 represents the least probability of default and E3 represents a high probability. The credit assessment is easy to obtain and you either need to have access to an electronic ID or an online bank account. Let's go over the steps together below.
- We start by going to the Credit Info website.
- You can scroll to the bottom of the page and select English
- Next, we click on Login and in that drop-down list we select My Creditinfo
- If you have an electronic ID, you enter the phone number and complete the process on the phone.
- If you do not have electronic credentials, you can also click on Password and New user. After you enter your social security number, the password will be sent to electronic documents in your local bank.
- If you are logging in for the first time, you must agree to Credit Info's terms and conditions and enter your email address and other information.
- Next, you click on your Credit Rating
- Note: When you log in for the first time, you have to agree to Credit Info calculating the credit rating and click on Credit rating 0 ISK, its calculation can take 10 minutes.
Now you just have to save the credit report and submit it with your application!
This is how you save your credit score
- Phone : take a screenshot on your phone. Just make sure your name appears in the picture.
- Windows computer : Click CTRL + P, then the browser's printer window will open. There you select Destination: Save as pdf.
- Mac computer : Click CMD + P, the browser's printer window will open, at the bottom left corner you can click the drop-down list and select Save as PDF.