Latest update on Corona virus
UPDATED [Oslo, 12.05.20]
At Heimstaden we are doing everything we can to reduce the spread of coronavirus. We are continuously following the updates from FHI and the governmentand are following their recommendations.
Out of care for you, your neighbours, our employees and partners we kindly ask you that if you experience any signs of respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath or breathing difficulties to cancel meetings with us and only to report critical service tickets.
This is what Heimstaden is doing right now:
- Optional video viewing of apartment, and digital signing of contract
- Enhanced cleaning of exposed surfaces
- If the corona virus has put you in a sudden financial challenge, seek public support. We are here to advice you on the matter and will help you to find a good solution.
- Wash your hands frequently.
Why? Washing your hands with soap and water or using alcohol-based hand rub kills viruses that may be on your hands.
- Maintain social distance.
Why? When someone coughs or sneezes, they spray small liquid droplets from their nose or mouth which may contain virus. This applies for children playing outside as well.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
Why? Hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth. From there, the virus can enter your body and make you sick.
- Practice respiratory hygiene.
Why? Droplets spread virus. Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose the used tissue immediately.
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, stay at home.
Why? Stay home if you feel unwell. Follow the directions of your local health authority. If your condition gets worse, call your doctor. Calling in advance will allow your health care provider to quickly direct you to the right health facility. This will also protect you and help prevent spread of viruses and other infections.
- Stay informed and follow advice given by your healthcare provider.
Why? National and local authorities will have the most up to date information on whether COVID-19 is spreading in your area. They are the best place for advice on what people in your area should be doing to protect themselves. Updates at www.fhi.no.